Wednesday, February 25, 2009

And God Knows That Ain't Cheap

I woke up at three last night, and toss and turned for an hour because my throat hurt. i shivered for about an hour straight then ran to the toilet. i started wailing and yelling because my stomach hurt so much, and i eventually threw up a bunch of phlegm. now i'm eating toast and i feel like shit. luckily my dad bought me some dreamsicles.
yesterday afternoon i had nothing to do, so i tried to start a fire without using matches or a lighter. after a little youtube research i figured i would try the hand drill method. basically the idea is to spin a small spindle (or shaft of wood), which ideally is as thick as your pinky, into a notch you make in a piece of wood until you get a coal, with which you can start the fire. I got all my materials, which took me roughly 30 minutes in total to get all the best stuff, and went to work. i swear, it was the materials that were my eventual downfall. since it's been raining most of what i was working with was damp, but i figured if i cut off the top layer, or the bark, of the wood i was dealing with it wouldn't matter. well, i managed to get smoke but i wasn't able to get a coal. now both of my palms are raw, and i'm even more exhausted than i would've been if i were only sick.
someone should come over and take care of me. i would appreciate it. you should make me soup. with just a touch of oregano, and a parsley stem.
Simple Pleasures: Ricola, Dreamsicles, tea, toast, not wearing sweat drenched clothes

2 comments:

  1. poor baby. i'll make you some soup. what kind do you want? lol
    if you're looking for something to do, you should check out your tetris ultra leader board. mhm. that's right. i went there.
    :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. dreaaammmsiccless

    ReplyDelete